Posted in Health and Beauty When maintained correctly, a person’s eyebrows can transform their face for the better. Although often overlooked, eyebrows should be groomed, as they serve as a frame for the face. When maintained properly, eyebrows can make you appear younger and more awake. Below are five tips to help make the most of your eyebrows.
- Find an eyebrow shape that fits your face When shaping your eyebrows, it is important to make sure that they suit your face. While it can be tempting to try to follow a certain eyebrow trend, some eyebrow shapes just will not help your face look its best. Shaping your eyebrows to fit your own face is easier than it sounds. First, take your tweezers (or another thin, straight edge) and line them up vertically with the outside edge of your nose. You can use this as a reference to determine where your eyebrows should start. To figure out where your eyebrows should end, lay your tweezers or straight edge against your cheek, with the point touching your nostril and the edge touching the outer corner of your eye. Your eyebrows should end at the part where the tweezers or straight edge touches your brow. To determine how thick your eyebrows should be, use an eye pencil to draw a line along the bottom edge of your eyebrow starting at its fullest part and following your eyebrow’s natural shape. Your eyebrow arch should be right above the outer rim of your iris when you look straight into a mirror.
- Take care when plucking your eyebrows Remember that using good quality tweezers can help make the plucking process more accurate and less painful. Also, remember not to use a magnifying mirror when plucking your eyebrows: they can distort your perspective of how your overall shape is coming along and you could end up plucking too much. Be careful not to rush the process and only pluck one hair at a time.
- Use makeup to fill in your eyebrows Because it is common for our eyebrows to thin out as we age, using makeup to fill in the sparse spots on our eyebrows can do wonders and make us appear younger. Use an eyebrow pencil — or a matte eye shadow with an angled brush — one or two shades lighter than your hair color. Very lightly and gradually fill in the sparse areas of your brows. If you have trouble keeping your makeup on all day, you can try using an eye shadow primer on your eyebrows before applying the makeup.
- Tame those eyebrows with clear mascara great way to keep eyebrows in place is to run a clear mascara wand through them after applying makeup. This acts as a gel and can keep them in the shape you want all day long. You can also use a clean mascara wand with some hair spray. If you have extra-sparse brows, you may use a tinted brow gel to add some extra thickness.
- Use makeup to highlight your brow bone to really make the most of your eyebrows, use a white or champagne shimmery or matte eye shadow to highlight your brow bone. Start by applying an eye shadow primer. Next, use a thin eye shadow brush to apply the color to your brow bone. Apply it lightly for a more natural look.
This article was written by Brian McLaughlin. Brian loves to look her best all the time, and her brows are always looking great. If your brows are not as full as they used to be, Brian recommends considering an eyebrow transplant from Pug Hair Restoration Center.